Thursday 3 April 2014

I'm Engaged!

As of 1/1/14 at exactly (or near enough) 00:00am, I am officially the Fiancée of my lovely Husband-to-be Robin!

We went to Sweden to visit his family for Christmas and spent New Years there too. He proposed at midnight outside on the balcony with fireworks going off in the distance :D Aww!

And by the way, my ring is gorgeous, If I say so myself..


I love the traditional style engagement rings. It's so freaking shiny!

However, the ring is probably the only thing traditional about us. We actually decided to get married back in September of 2013. We announced to our family that we were going to be married in June 2014, as we're also planning on moving to America in the near future (hopefully in August of 2015)...

Backstory:

Me and my family have always gone on the same holiday every year in June for.. well probably since I was born! We always go to this lovely 'campsite' in Hayle, Cornwall. It's called 'Beachside'. My Nan and Grandad have been going there for over 50 years, and ever since my Grandad passed away and has his ashed scattered and buried in the sand down there, we made it so we go every year in June around Father's day.
 Robin has been coming with us to Cornwall now for the past 4 years, and he's always known that if we were to get Married I'd love to do it down there. He informs me back in September '13 that he would like to propose to me sometime soon, but for us to achieve my dream wedding, and allow sufficient time to actually plan one (and also still have that wow-surprise factor of a proposal) we would need to inform our families A.S.A.P! So we did, and both of our families were over the moon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment